CARDFREE™ is an exciting start-up with seasoned professionals driven to push the mobile experience forward. We come from different backgrounds - from large merchants to mobile vendors and payment companies - but are united in our mission to create the coolest, most ground-breaking mobile commerce apps in the industry.
Please see below for the current list of open positions. If you don't see anything that fits your skills and you are passionate about mobile, merchants or changing the way people interact at the point-of-sale (or hopefully all three), send us your resume. We are always looking for talented team members to come join the fun. We offer a flexible schedule with generous paid time off for all your hard work along with competitive pay and health benefits, as well as the opportunity to grow professionally.
Current open positions
This position drives the delivery of high-quality reliable and stable operation of the organization's enterprise infrastructure, through installation, configuration, monitoring, analysis, maintenance and technical support for all company systems.
This position requires a firm understanding of industry best practices in the basic realms of information security and the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS).
The Senior Infrastructure Engineer operates as a senior-level highly technical professional who applies necessary skills towards all areas of the infrastructure and security environments.
This position can be based in Seattle or in San Francisco.
- Collaborate with team members to build and maintain a stable and secure enterprise infrastructure
- Plan, develop, install, and maintain key infrastructure technologies
- Work with vendors in support of company design and development of web services and software products
- Provide high-availability operational support and automate solutions across the environment
- Support, monitor and optimize all key infrastructure areas, including network, server, storage and security systems
- Support the internal team and perform activities to resolve end user hardware, software, and connectivity issues in a timely and accurate fashion
- Provide end user training and client support where required, especially in relation to security best practices
- Assist with build and release processes
- Uphold company policies, and legal/regulatory requirements, such as PCI
- Implement and maintain system configurations and baselines to support secure application development software control best practices and standards
- Reviews security logs and violation reports for root cause analysis with actionable next steps
- Must maintain confidentiality and secure access to all sensitive associate and consumer data
Additional responsibilities include following escalation protocols, responding to Production, Engineering & Corporate needs in a timely manner, maintaining high levels of communication and follow-up, especially while working through any troubleshooting or maintenance procedures, providing heads up, updates and all clear notifications.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field, or 5+ years relevant work experience
- 5+ years of experience in system administration, network administration, and systems engineering
- 5+ years supporting Microsoft Windows operating systems, both server and client
- 5+ years supporting Linux operating systems, both server and client
- 3+ years of experience with network engineering
- 3+ years of database engineering, administration, and support
- 2+ years of experience with industry leading load-balancing technologies
- 2+ years utilizing logging, monitoring, and alerting solutions, and/or similar solutions as a system administrator
- 2+ years utilizing configuration management solutions as a system administrator
- Demonstrated experience implementing and managing high capacity, redundant and mission critical environments
- Knowledge in databases and comfortable with SQL, MySQL and various open source databases
- Deep knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP, Load balancers, VLAN, IP subnetting, proxies and firewalls
- Experience supporting LDAP services in an enterprise environment
- Experience with highly virtualized environments and cloud technologies
- Demonstrated ability to automate repetitive tasks using a common scripting or programming language
- Knowledge in application development and supporting a development environment
- Compliance standards knowledge (PCI, SOX, HIPAA) – an advantage
- Experience with Network or Application Firewalls and/or IDS/IPS - an advantage
- Excellent time management, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills
- Excellent written, oral communication and strong interpersonal, organizational and presentation skills
- Ability to travel domestically
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Are you always thinking up ways that mobile apps can be improved? Do you enjoy hackathons, mashups and anything that pushes you to think differently? Do poorly designed mobile apps make you kinda sad? You are not alone. Come join a seasoned team with experience deploying two of the largest mobile payment apps – with over 10 million installs.
- 5+ years professional development experience
- Minimum 2-3 years experience developing mobile apps
- Ideally have submitted 2+ apps to app stores with good adoption. Please indicate your role
- Proven track record of building apps with great user experience & interface
- Experience with Objective C, C++ and Cocoa or Java and Android SDKs
- Experience integrating with web services i.e. RESTful APIs and JSON
- Ability to review code and write unit tests
- Exceptional problem solving and communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- You're interested in mobile commerce and want to help shape the industry
- You get excited when you see customers using your applications
- You enjoy working in agile and collaborative environment
- You care about great design and user experience
- Strong self-management skills requiring minimum direction
If this sounds like you, please send a quick note with links to your apps and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking for a Software Engineer (Generalist) to help us develop a scalable, reliable, and highly available platform that supports a growing business. This position is open to our main San Francisco office, but greatly preferred in our Denver office. You will be hitting the ground running and help build something meaningful, that will be used by A LOT of people. Our safety nets are on backorder!
- Work across multiple disciplines (Linux, Windows, network, database, engineering, security) to develop a scalable, reliable, and highly available platform that supports a growing business
- Help develop and deploy monitoring tools to provide a holistic view of the different layers of the application stack
- Utilize extreme programming procedures and practices to rapidly develop and deploy your technical solution
- Strong commitment to TDD (test driven development) practices
- BS in computer science or related field and 3-5 years of technical work experience
- Fluency in OO design and development with J2EE or .NET. Someone who is comfortable with diverse technology stacks
- Minimum 3+ years of Core, middleware and enterprise Java development e.g., RMI, JMX, JMS, EJB
- Minimum 3+ years of C# development or Java
- Minimum 3+ years database skills including table layout and design, SQL Queries, and stored procedures - MS-SQL/MySQL. NoSQL a plus
- Minimum 3+ year exposure to debugging tools and performance tuning
- Knowledge of secure coding practices, authentication/authorization, and encryption
- Knowledge or expertise of middle-ware development platforms e.g. Java, .NET, WSO2, etc.
- Experience designing and implementing multi-tiered systems applications
- OLTP experience and knowledge of payment processing including experience with high-volume transaction processing and scaling distributed systems
- Experience with programming and operating in Linux operating systems
- Excellent analytical, communication, organizational and problem-solving skills coupled with a strong work ethic
- Experience working with, selecting, and integrating 3rd party tools such as Apache, Tomcat, JBoss, middle-ware or database replication, monitoring tools, etc.
- Experience working with multi-site systems, including disaster recovery planning and implementation
- Experience with web technologies such as HTML, CSS, SASS or LESS, JS, Grails, Groovy, Ruby on Rails
- Experience developing RESTful web services preferred
- Payments systems development experience a strong plus
Please send over your resume and cover/github links to email@example.com.